15 Aug 2013

The Joys Of August

     August is busy month in our house. There are two Lions in our family having their B-day candles to blow and celebrate, and we are also busy taking part in three Festivals during this month.

Valg Studio stand at GoreyCreative Fair during Gorey Market House Festival.
     Gorey Market House Festival during August Bank Holiday Weekend was great place to be. Valg Studio joined GoreyCreative Craft team at the beginning of this year and of course we were very excited to take part in Festival Fair. With no hesitation I can admit that GoreyCreative Craft Fair is one of my favorite fairs. It has great atmosphere, good quality and variety of original craft and art items.

Only four days left! You will find more details about Kilkenny Arts Festival HERE.
     At the moment Valg Studio polymer clay jewellery and framed photo prints are available in wonderful Craft Fair at Mother of Fair Love School on James Street during Kilkenny Arts Festival. Beside meeting our lovely customers and visitors I always find it interesting to meet and learn about other craftspeople and artist work. This Craft Fair is no different - Kilkenny Black Marble, watercolor paintings by Raymond Osborn, modern knitwear for children by Brenda Cleere, textile artist Áine Maher, talented Linda Pearson and many more are there. I hope you will agree that it is always interesting to learn a little bit more about creative process and person behind his/her work.

Visit Carlow Tourism for more information about upcoming events.
     Next week we are looking forward to Carlow 800 Celebrations. Wonderful opportunities of indoor and outdoor events celebrating the best Carlow has to offer. Come and visit us at Taste of Carlow Craft and Artisan Food Fair at the River Barrow Promenade on 24th & 25th August.

     Summer is nearly over, August here in Ireland is actually first month of Autumn, but there are still plenty Festivals to enjoy and Craft Fairs to explore. Sometimes you can be surprised and also inspired to create something yourself. During recent craft fair I spotted lovely hooded jumper and after talking to lady who made it I am willing to try to knit it myself! She even gave me a pattern so I have no excuses and our 4 year old should have new jumper before Winter starts. Wish me luck. :)
     Meanwhile new work is in the progress here at Valg Studio and I should be able to share it with you very soon!


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. oh wow you are making the most of the summer craft fairs. Sending you loads of sales fairies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck in Carlow it sounds fine !

    I never make Craft Fairs here in Gorey ( every month they are in Shopping Centre) I don't usually sell at fairs...my products are not very whimsical and should think before buying but as you explain those days I would have liked !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margarita, I know what you mean and understand, but would like to meet you in Gorey and have a proper chat.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!