10 Feb 2013

Powerful Red and Me

     During this time of the year we see more red and heart shaped things around us and maybe we even get in this hearty mood ourselves. Recently browsing virtual world I even saw title: Success has a color, and the color is red. Hmm... thinking about all these red statements I decided to explore a little bit more about red and myself.
      First thought - RED ISN’T ME! But then I started to think do I actually have any red garments or accessories and I didn’t have to think too long, of course I have! One of my all time favorite cardigans is RED. Then I went and opened wardrobe searching for more RED and there it was -  red top with black sequin cat. After that I had quick look in photo albums and the only find was photo with another red top taken back in 2007. That’s it! Maybe 3 pieces of RED during 10 year period is enough for me?!
     Next - any RED accessories? Yes, I counted and I was surprised. I do have few of them including scarf, purses, beanie and some other things but my favorite three are pictured below.
My lovely RED wedges. Sadly I don't own them anymore.

Latest addition to my RED accessories. My first red handbag.

Finally my annual Valentine's Day earrings. Love them.

     Now I can say RED IS for ME. After this little research I would love to include more RED in my look, particularly more accessories. I think RED is wonderful but because it is powerful colour we are a little bit afraid of it.

6 comments:

  1. Now I am thinking what red items do I have! Very little too, loads of blue. That is a lovely pic of you and your red shoes! Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I really thought RED isn't for me, but when I looked at the photos (including pic above) with me and RED I actually liked what I saw. So I'm now a little bit more willing to play with RED in my outfits.

      Delete
  2. Red is my favorite color but I don't wear it at all! My most favorite color of red is garnet red and that is the color of my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AnnMarie, this is good point, if colour doesn't suit to wear we can find another way to have it close to us.

      Delete
  3. I agree with AnnMarie above, & not just cos we share the same name :-), I prefer deep garnet to bright scarlet. One other red thing I really love is red poppies, one of my favourite images. My sister painted me two matching pics of poppies and I love them. I bought a dress with a poppy pattern on it recently, so reintroducing dramatic red into my wardrobe after a long absence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Anne-Marie, I can imagine your poppy dress - red, good size flowers on white background and ruffled hemline. :) And I am patiently waiting for red tulips to bloom in my garden.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!